MENU

Slide

Mini Garden

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I've been a naughty girl and playing with dirt lately.


Hahahah okay kidding, i've been trying to make the limited space outside my place more of a mini garden. I started with a few cute little pots of succulents Shirley, her sister and i took forever to sift out the prettiest of the lot at Ikea, $2.90 per pot!





This little one in the middle is my favorite! So darn adorable. Heh actually i love succulents cos they are so easy to care for! Forget to water them for days and they will still survive, and there's something about those juicy plump succulent petals that i cannot resist. 


I paint the glass pot with gold spraypaint and repotted these babies and they're thriving and growing bigger rapidly! So so cute!






Ohhh! I spy a lil fluffy blob of bunny in my succulent garden! 




Bunny: Oh hello *wave paw* don't mind me please! *Sniff sniff*




On the other side of my mini garden..




Pretty spring-ish lil flowers popping out like crazy!!! Hahahah i was watering the flowers this morning and found a fat caterpillar under one of the leaves and screamed for my mum lol.


Ok my mum is my hero seriously. She's scared of insects like me but when it comes to me she would totally step up and chase away whatever creepy insects even though she's scared as hell. So after she got rid of the caterpillar she told me it's a catarpillar that would turn into butterflies! OMG do you think i shouldve left it alone and let it turn into a butterfly? Now i'm feeling bad. Boo.


This is my gazania seedlings! This is my first time growing anything from seed so i'm not really sure how it would go but after looking at the empty soil for days and seeing these little leaf sprouting out makes me so darn happy!

Oh behind is my wheatgrass planters that i grow for my guinea pigs! I snipped hanful of them off and feed my guinea pigs daily and they treat it like the best thing in the world lol they go absolutely nuts for a couple blades of wheatgrass. My mum and i ocassionally juice them to drink as wheatgrass supplement shots. It's suppose to be really good for detoxing etc.


Hahahah at first i was kinda doubtful before i took my first swig of wheatgrass juice! I was thinking errrrr, it's essentially grass so how would it taste like? I don't wanna feel like a cow... *mooo*


But it was amazingly sweet! Like the sweet taste stays on your tongue for a long long time. Very yummy!



We went cut flower shopping yesterday to get some flowers for my grandma's birthday and we found these gooooooorgrous hydrageas! It's my favorite and i just realize it's my grandma's too yesterday, so we got 3 different shades and these adorable little pink flowers to go with it.







DIY craft of the day: Repurposed light bulb that i hollowed and it's now a pretty little suspended vase for my room!


Loves, TheLuckiestchick.




No comments: